It’s getting to be that time of year again! (Nope, I’m not talking about the holidays, though those are great… I’m talking about the annual Writer’s Digest Writing Conference in January). Start the new year off right by taking on your writing goals head on. Here are the details:
When: January 20th – 22nd
Where: Sheraton NYC
Learn more: www.writersdigestconference.com
Overview: The WDC includes three tracks of education, focusing on the craft of writing, the business of getting published, and the digital future of publishing. You can go to the website and look under “sessions” for specific details.
A few highlights:
- We’ll be hosting another Pitch Slam with 60 agents. The pitch slam will take place over three hours in three different rooms.
- There is a Saturday-only option available for those who can’t attend the full conference.
- Attendees will learn trade secrets, craft techniques, and strategies for getting published with more than 24 sessions and 30 expert speakers.
- Friday: A.J. Jacobs, bestselling author of The Know-It-All and The Year of Living Biblically will talk about how to make a living as a writer, writing about…yourself!
- Saturday: Barry Eisler, bestselling author of the John Rain series of thrillers will talk about the current state of publishing, how traditional and non-traditional models are changing, and what you should do to prepare yourself for the changes to come.
- Sunday: Chris Baty, founder of National Novel Writing Month and author of No Plot? No Problem! will talk about what drives us to write and how to turn that passion into a lifestyle.
Don’t miss out. Sign up today!