Hi everyone. I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday. I’ve got a lot on my plate this week, including a large home improvement project on the home front. Thought I’d post a quick rundown of things I’m working on:
- This weekend is our first Editor Intensive event of the year, so I’m reading manuscripts for that. I’m looking forward to meeting writers for our critique sessions.
- I’m working on the copyedit for Barbara Baig’s forthcoming How to Be a Writer (due December 2010)
- I’m working to finalize the layout for the 2nd edition of Anne Stilman’s Grammatically Correct (due June 2010)– this is great reference that belongs on every writer’s bookshelf (it’s been used by writers, professors and students for more than a decade… now revised and updated)
- I’m laying out the 5th edition of The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing by Marilyn Ross and Sue Collier (due July 2010). This book is crammed full of book industry knowledge. I’d recommend it for people wanting to self publish, start a small publishing company, or simply wanting to learn the ins and outs of the publishing industry.
- I’m reading entries for Writer’s Digest’s Pop Fiction Contest– we’re working to choose a grand prize winner for this genre spanning contest
- I’m also reading manuscripts for a couple of great books: The 90 Day Novel by Sarah Domet (a day by day plan for outlining and writing your first draft in 90 days) and The Productive Writer by Sage Cohen (an inspiring book that helps writers organize and prioritize their writing life, covering everything from staking out your writing time to managing your author platform and your freelance writing schedule).
More about these projects as they progress. In the meantime check out writersdigestshop.com for available titles from WD.