Haven’t had much time to post this week. Apologies. I’ve been working pretty heavily on a few projects and have had a pretty one track mind.
Here’s a update on the books I’m working on:
- I just finished proofreading Becky Levine’s Writing & Critique Group Survival Guide, a great book for writers who want to join/start a writing group to groom their manuscripts for submitting to agents/publishers(due in bookstores Jan 2010).
- Pat Pattison’s 2nd edition of the successful Writing Better Lyrics is being indexed (due in bookstores late December)
- Writer’s Digest Guide to Science Fiction & Fantasy by Orson Scott Card and the editors at WD is almost ready for proofreading (due March 2010)
- Peter Selgin’s book of meditations on how to Save a Novel is being line edited (due April 2010)
- and I’m reading the completed manuscript for Laurie Alberts Showing & Telling, a wonderful book about balancing scene and summary in your work (due April 2010).
Here’s a peek at the covers for these books in no particular order (keep in mind not all are final–the number of meditations for Selgin’s book is still to be determined). To check out currently available WD titles visit our bookshop site.