I love asking people about what they’re reading… a question I often ask authors I work with. So to be fair I thought I’d post my last 5 books (including my current read). This list doesn’t include the books I’ve been editing.
Feel free to post your last 5 in the comments (I’d love to see what people are reading).
1. The Angel’s Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon–I’m loving this prequel to The Shadow of the Wind, one of my favorite books. It’s creepy, mysterious, supernatural and full of literary references. It’s like I commissioned someone to write a book for me. Wait… that’s part of the story… omg.
2. Holy Man by Susan Trott–I love this little book full of parables and lessons. It’s something I should have read years ago. If you’ve never read it, pick it up–you’ll likely learn something about yourself.
3. Angry White Pajamas by Robert Twigger–I love this memoir by an Oxford poet who lives in Tokyo and trains with the riot police in an intensive aikido training course. Good for people who are interested in martial arts, but also just good. It’s a funny glimpse into another culture.
4. Tao Te Ching–I read this and then started rereading immediately. I think I might do that a few times.
5. A Single Pebble by John Hersey–A re-read from years ago. Makes me want to read more by Hersey.